Berkeley Psychotherapist for Adults & Adolescents
Are you feeling lost, stuck, confused, or unsatisfied in your personal life and relationships? Are those feelings relentlessly manifesting in a number of undesirable, burdensome, or tumultuous ways or patterns? Have you decided to make changes in your life, but don’t know what to do or how to start? If you answered yes to any of these questions, I can help.
I am a psychotherapist (LMFT #98700) with a private practice in Berkeley CA, which is easy accessible to such surrounding cities as Oakland, Alameda, San Francisco, Moraga, Lafayette, Walnut Creek, Albany, and El Cerrito. I specialize in serving the larger East Bay community holistic, in-depth psychotherapy and EMDR with a specific focus on:
I will guide you through your struggles by getting you to focus more concretely on the issues you face in a productive, supportive, and empathetic environment for a more holistic approach to your mental and relational health. Together we will help you move forward in your life in a more meaningful, authentic, and fulfilling way.
Those I work with also tend to be experiencing the following, among others:
- Life transitions: identity shifts, confusion, and crisis; wanting or needing to change but not knowing how; struggling to move forward in life; struggling to move on from the past; feeling lost, stuck, afraid, or overwhelmed with confusion
- Existential issues: loneliness, emptiness, fear, lack of meaning, struggling to know yourself
- Emotional & psychological distress: mood swings, stress, angst
- Shame: difficulty valuing or accepting yourself; feeling unlovable, worthless, guilty, or to blame; self doubt, low self-esteem
- Unhealed wounds from childhood
- Escapism: Substance abuse and addiction, obsessions (i.e. with work, relationships, hobbies, etc.), self-medication, avoidance of inner conflicts
- Codependency: struggling to strike a healthy balance between individuality and togetherness with others
- Unwanted thoughts: racing thoughts, unable to understand yourself and your patterns, feeling helpless
- Struggling to make choices
- Strained relationships with intimate partners and family members
- Couples issues: constant arguing or conflict with partners, unhealthy communication, lack of intimacy or fulfillment, relationship transitions, infidelity, premarital counseling, parenting issues, growing apart
- Family/Sibling issues: unhealthy family dynamics and means of communicating, power struggles and imbalances, constant arguing, chronic tension and anxiety, resentment, alarming behaviors or symptoms manifesting in one or more family members, sibling resentment or competition
If you struggle with any or all of these issues, you can contact me at 510-329-8674 for a complimentary 20 minute phone consultation to discuss your case, assess our working together, and schedule your first session 50% off.